Add More Pinterest To Your Next Event
Everyone knows that social media is leading the market in gaining clients and attendees for events. But, there is a new social media outlet on the rise that is already reaching more people than LinkedIn, Google +, and YouTube combined! You all may already know the online pinboard called Pinterest, but here at ABCey we have all the advice you need to help you increase awareness and interest for your upcoming events!
1. Link all of your “pins” back to your website. It’s easy to do! Just click the edit button and add a link to your own website or blog. This is an easy way to drive more traffic and potential attendees to your page.
2. Make Pinterest a visual resume. Infographic resumes have become popular this year, but through Pinterest you can take this idea a step forward by creating a resume board! Here you can post pictures of past events and show potential attendees the benefits they will receive by attending your event. Don’t forget to link the pictures back to your website!
3. Link to Twitter and Facebook. Pinterest makes it easy to pin your pictures and post to Twitter and Facebook as well. You are tripling the people you reach in less then five minutes!
4. Add the “pin-it” button to your webpage or toolbar to make it easier to pin things you find interesting or you may want to use for your next event.
5. Allow other people to contribute. Make a pinboard that allows other people to contribute to. This is a great way to get attendees interested and participating in the event before it even starts.
6. Hold a contest! You want to keep your clients and potential attendees involved. The contest can be anything from guessing the amount of people attending the event to guessing who will be speaking at your event.
7. Pin videos! Many people think that Pinterest is only for pictures, but you can also post videos as well. It is always a good idea to post a video of your guest speakers to draw in attendees, as it promotes the speaker as well!
8. Use Google Adwords to title your boards. This allows your board to show up higher in a search.