Looking for some fun events to attend this weekend? San Francisco has tons to offer! We have a comedy experience, an IT training session, a prom-themed Sweet 16 launch party, an exhibition of paintings by Bay Area artist, Karen Barbour, tons of shows at the Rickshaw Stop, and an opportunity to shop local at the Jack of all Trades Market!
FEATURED EVENT: Jack of all Trades Market| Saturday, January 11th | 11am – 5pm | Jack London Square| This season, take advantage of the opportunity to shop local at the Jack of all Trades Market! This great event has unique vendors such as mobile fashion trucks, underground food startups, and over 100 local craft and antique vendors! In addition, you can enjoy food tracks, live music, and craft beer. Just a 15 minute ferry ride away from San Francisco, spend your Saturday outdoors at the market!
1. Rickshaw Stop 10th Anniversary | Thursday, January 9th – Sunday, January 12th| 8pm |Rickshaw Stop| Come out to celebrate the Rickshaw Stop’s 10th Anniversary of rocking the San Francisco music scene! The former TV studio has a full bar and food service. Check out this vintage space which also includes foosball and Skeeball tables, and an awesome balcony! The Geographer date has sold out, but don’t worry, there are plenty of more artists! Tickets are still available for The Spits, Mikal Cronin, Yacht, Leslie & the Ly’s, and more. Get tickets and additional info here!
2. “No Should be As Friendly As Yes” New Work by Karen Barbour| Friday, January 10th | 6 – 8pm |Fouladi Projects| Attend a compelling exhibition of paintings by the Bay Artist, Karen Barbour! Karen’s portfolio is a blend of figures and abstractions, and utilizes a combination of ink, oil, gouache, and collage. Her sketchbook is made up of innovative thoughts and drawings that are eye catching! Come out and appreciate this San Franciscan’s art, and get a sneak peek here!
3. Prom Night: Redux | Friday, January 10th | 8pm – 12pm | Roxie Theater |Looking for a fun themed event for the weekend? The prom-themed Sweet 16 launch party for the 16th Annual SF IndieFest also serves as the kick off party for the I Was A Teenage Teenager teen-themed film series, which will be screening January 10 – 14 at the Roxie Theater. DJ Junkyard of Litterbox and DJ Shindog of New Wave City will provide the tunes to bring out those 80s style dance moves, and Out of the booth photobooth will provide you with images to hold on to memories of those tiaras and tuxedos forever! To get in for free, you can simply join the Facebook fan page and you will be added to the list. Tickets are also available at the door. Want to learn more? Visit the SF IndieFest 2014 and I Was a Teenage Teenager!
4. Intro to HTML5 – IT Training | Saturday, January 11th | 10am – 12pm | Training and Entrepreneurship Academy| In today’s day and age, it’s important to stay current with the always changing world of technology! Are you a beginner who is looking to learn more about web programming? HTML5 for Beginners is a web programming class that will provide you with useful tools to make life in the technology and business world much easier. Start your Saturday with this can’t miss educational event that will give you the resources and confidence to be successful and tech-savvy!
5. Mortified Live | Saturday, January 11th – Sunday, January 12th | 7:30pm | DNA Lounge |Ever think reliving youthful years of your past could provide entertainment? Come out to the DNA Lounge to enjoy a truly comical experience! Mortified adults will read their letters, poems, and teen diaries in front of a group of total strangers. You do not want to miss this 2 night event! Listen to the fun narratives of others while thinking of your own hilarious memories from your teenage years. The first night takes place right here in San Francisco, and the second night takes place in Oakland. Get your tickets here!