There are so many events happening around the bay this weekend! Only in the bay area can you choose between barrel tasting some of California’s best wines, learn how yachts are engineered for the America’s Cup, or chow down in a burger brawl. ABCey gives you the inside scoop from San Jose to San Francisco!
1. Chipotle Cultivate Festival | Saturday, June 8th | 11 a.m.-7 p.m. | Golden Gate Park, Hellman Hollow | Chipotle is sponsoring a free event in order to engage people in conversations about healthy and sustainable food. You’ll need all day to take advantage of the wide array of activities in this festival, like the live music, chef tents, and the food and tasting halls. Make sure to try the Cultivate Farmhouse Ale, a special-edition beer exclusively available at the festival!
2. The Future is Electric: Plug in and Get There | Saturday, June 8th | 10:30 p.m.-2 p.m. | 100 Larkin St., San Francisco | Learn about the many advancements in plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) in an event that expertly combines the know-how of a workshop and the festivities of a street fair. Inside the event, held in the San Francisco Public Library, experts will discuss the environmental and financial benefits to owning a PEV.
3. The Tech Museum After Hours | Wednesday, June 5th | 6 p.m.-11 p.m. | The Tech Museum, San Jose | Here’s the chance to live your secret desire to be in a museum after it closes! At After Hours, peruse the scientific and technological exhibits with added nighttime entertainment. You haven’t seen a museum until you’ve seen it with a cocktail in hand!
4. Passport to Pinot | Saturday, June 8th- Sunday, June 9th | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | How does a drive through wine country sound? Visit the beautiful Russian River Valley and explore the over thirty participating wineries with your Passport to Pinot! You’ll be able to tour vineyards, barrel taste the 2012 wines before they are bottled, and pair your wines with local foods. Click here to buy your tickets!
5. Inside Social Apps |Thursday, June 5th- Friday, June 6th | 8 a.m.-6 p.m. | Hilton Union Square, San Francisco | Whether you’re an app fanatic or just an interested beginner, you’ll leave this event with a better understanding of how to work and benefit from apps. The all-star team of presenters are sure to capture your attention and relate to your business interests. Attend sessions on topics such as Trends in Social and Mobile Advertising, Maximizing Audience Participation, and Developing Cross-Platform.
6. Apple Worldwide Developers Conference | Monday, June 10th- Friday, June 14th | Moscone West Convention Center, San Francisco | This weeklong Apple conference will tell you everything you could possibly want to know concerning the latest developments in iOS and OS X. There are over 100 available sessions discussing Apple technology, lunchtime expert speakers, a “stump the experts” Apple trivia contest, and a huge bash at the end! Who said learning can’t be fun?
7. The San Francisco Burger Brawl | Saturday, June 8th | 12 p.m.-8 p.m. | Fort Mason, San Francisco | We live in a town full of foodies and chefs who all claim to know about the “bay’s best burger.” The time has finally come to dispel the rumors once and for all. At the Burger Brawl, the bay’s finest burgermeisters will battle it out for ultimate bragging rights. You get to reap the benefits with a full bar, live music, and all the burgers you can eat!
8. Baby Loves Disco | Sunday, June 9th | 12 p.m.-2:30 pm | Temple Nightclub, San Francisco | For once, your legal age will get you kicked out of a club! Families with children aged 6 months to 7-years-old are welcome to shake their booties together under the disco ball during this event’s brief time in the bay. Healthy snacks, kid-friendly entertainment, and diaper changing tables are readily available. And, of course, everything is baby-proofed.
9. San Mateo County Fair | Saturday, June 8th- Sunday, June 16th | 11 a.m.-10 p.m. | San Mateo Convention Center | Get a little taste of American summer with an old fashioned county fair! You’ll see all your old favorites like funnel cakes, the Ferris Wheel, and a petting zoo. Get nostalgic this weekend at the county fair!
10. 2013 America’s Cup: A Transformation | Tuesday, June 11th | 5:30 p.m. | South Beach Yacht Club | The whole city is excitedly awaiting for the bay to fill up with yachts for the America’s Cup. Learn about the tech side to the America’s Cup, from engineering the boats to the creation of mobile apps and games, at this unique and exclusive event.