This weekend we are in celebration mode as we commemorate a landmark victory to the gay-rights movement striking down a federal law that denies benefits to same-sex married couples. Go Cali! Per usual, there are tons of great events happening all over San Francisco that you don’t want to miss, including SF Pride (what impeccable timing)! ABCey invites you to put your computer down and enjoy the weekend activities!
1. San Francisco LGBT Pride – June 29-30, 2013- Downtown and Castro Valley San Francisco, CA. -With over 200 parade contingents, 300 exhibitors, and more than 20 stages and venues, the San Francisco LGBT Pride Celebration and Parade is the largest LGBT gathering in the nation. This is a celebration that will go down in history because of recent marriage act that was passed early this week. “San Francisco Pride has been said to be one of the last remaining pride events that can truly be called a rite of passage.”
2. Pinot Days San Francisco 2013– Sunday June 30, 2pm-5pm-Fort Mason Center San Francisco, CA- Pinot Days celebrates the amazing noble grape in all its gloriously diverse styles, and this year’s offering is more broad and complete than ever. Over 140 artisan winemakers representing every domestic pinot noir region will pour the fruits of their craft, each sharing their unique interpretation of pinot noir and the stories of their winemaking. Drink, Laugh and enjoy this delicious wine festival in beautiful Fort Mason!
3. Treasure Island Flea Market, Summer Kick Off -June 29-30, 2013- Treasure Island Great Lawn San Francisco, CA-The Treasure Island Flea is the last weekend of the month year round and features hundreds of local crafters, makers, and collectors. This flea market is know for its live music and beautiful views of the Bay. Free Parking with $3 dollars admission and kids 12 and under are free!
4. Wine Tasting at San Francisco’s Winery-Friday, Jun 28 12:00p to 5:00p- Winery SF 200 California Ave, Bldg. 180 North San Francisco, CA -Enjoy wine tasting at The Winery SF in their stunning tasting room & event venue. SF winery brings the ultimate “California wine experience” to San Francisco allowing visitors to see the winemaking process first-hand and experience highly rated boutique wines from a team of top winemakers from Napa, Sonoma & beyond. Tastings start at $10. Group Tours, Tastings & Barrel Sampling Available.
5. Startup Founder Boot Camp– June 29, 2013 1pm to 5pm- Sandbox Suites 567 Sutter St San Francisco, CA. -Starting your own business? Why should you go in it alone when there are expert resources at your fingertips? If you are looking to learn from experts and get advice about your startup, look no further. Sandbox Suites has pulled together the best guys in the startup world to teach you what you need to know before you embark on the road to success. This workshop is for entrepreneurs, founders of startups or for anyone that is interested in learning successful business tips.