The girls at ABCey have done some digging to make sure you have the best weekend possible! We’ve put together our top picks for the events happening in the Bay Area, and can’t wait for you to check them out!
Featured Event | Chillin’ Productions Anniversary| Saturday, July 19th | 8pm-2am | Mezzanine, 444 Jessie Street | Twice a year, Chillin’ brings you artists and designers for your purchasing pleasure. This year marks the end of their 16 year run, and they’re going out with a bang of an anniversary party. The night will include 200 artists and 80 fashion designers displaying new styles available for sale. The night wouldn’t be complete without Chillin’ creator Irene Hernandes dropping beats with many other funky local musicians! This is your last chance to see SF talent showcased like this, so don’t miss the Mezzanine this Saturday! $10 cover.
1. San Francisco Symphony presents: Pixar in Concert| Thursday, July 17th – Sunday, July 20th| 7:30pm Thu.-Sat., 2pm Sun. | Davies Symphony Hall| From the Toy Story trilogy to The Incredibles and Up, Pixar Animation Studios has forever impacted filmmaking and given audiences of all ages some of the most beloved characters in cinematic history. This summer, the San Francisco Symphony presents Pixar in Concert, with visually stunning clips and memorable scores from each of Pixar’s movies performed live by the San Francisco Symphony. Just imagine how amazing it’s going to be to watch your favorite movie music come to life before you, from some of the most talented musicians in the area! Tickets start at $35.
2. 1000 Treasure Hunters | Saturday, July 19th – Sunday, July 20th| 12pm-4pm Sat., 5:30pm Sun. | J-Pop Summit in Japantown| Get ready for the biggest treasure hunt this city has ever seen. Thousands of participants of all ages are invited to search for dozens of clues and puzzles ingeniously hidden throughout Japantown. No special skills or familiarity with Japantown area are needed to play. The game starts with simple instructions of mysterious clues for you and your team. Use these and your skills of detection to find the treasure. The treasure is not “first come, first win,” so the goal is just to get to the X! Even if you don’t compete in the hunt, you can still get wrapped up in the secrets tales and magic that the J-Pop Summit revolves around this weekend in Japantown. There will also be cosplay and sake tasting, where else would you want to be? $22 to for the treasure hunt, no cover for festival.
3. PureVision | Friday, July 18 – Sunday, July 20 | Friday 12 pm – Sunday 9pm | Sopiago Springs Resort, Pioneer, CA | This feel good, family fun campout event started ten years ago in the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains as a small scale festival and has transformed to a three day adventure with 52 DJs worth of bass-bumping house music. This festival lasts for three days and two nights, with ample family bonding opportunities, adventure, nature exploration and non-stop EDM! The event promotes mental clarity, dancing, barbecuing and naked swimming! Pull out your camping gear and head out to the woods for this very special “yearly migration of the North Bay!” Tickets $63 Presale.
4. Non- Stop Bhangra #105: Crash an Indian Wedding | Saturday, July 19 | 9pm – 3am | 161 Eerie Street, Public Works | This event really is one of a kind, and it sounds like so much fun! Have you ever wanted to crash an Indian wedding party, where you walk into a room filled with bright beautiful outfits, arms in the air, swirling of colors you’ve come to envy at traditional Indian Weddings? This month’s theme for Non Stop Bhangra is “Crash an Indian Wedding party”, without the guilt of not being invited. Put on your dancing shoes and show off the moves you will learn during the dance lesson or show off the moves you’ve been secretly practicing for the perfect occasion. Let’s dance together like it’s our own wedding, plus henna, indian snacks and dance lessons! This is a creative way to showcase Indian traditions and have a great time!
5. Summer Sundays Kickoff | Sunday, July 20 | 1-8pm | Mars Bar, 798 Brannan Street, SF | The Mars Bar has become famous for their Summer Sundays series, which boasts fun sundays of partying on the outdoor patio/tiki bar! The summer season kicks off on Sunday, with special music featuring David Harness, Kieth Kraft, Andrew Phelan and Johnny Collective! Come out for the first day of the week to enjoy some groovy tunes, sip some fancy cocktails and eat some scrumptious food! No better way to spend a San Francisco summer Sunday. “Everyday is a great day at Mars Bar”. Free before 3pm, RSVP here!