It’s finally summer and the long, lazy days are the perfect setting for a chic rustic party. Instead of spending too much on invitations and centerpieces, try ABCey’s best ways to DIY your next rustic event!
1. Centerpieces | Mason jars are a popular staple for rustic centerpieces, so try using other vessels! Old or new glass bottles of varying shapes and sizes are a good way to play up proportionality around the table. If you want more of a shabby-chic vibe, head to the pantry for some canned goods. You can strip them down and leave them bare or adorn them with lace or a ribbon!
2. Invitations | DIY-ing your invitations is possible for even for largest of guest lists! Use stamps to give your invitations a vintage, cattle brand feel.
3. Decorations | Decorating your rustic event can be very hands-on and is a great opportunity to show your event’s personality. Paper lanterns, strings of pinecones, and using wooden ladders as a tiered display are easy ways to adorn the event space.
4. Food | Rustic events pair well with classic comfort foods. For cute hors d’oeuvres, whip up a charcuterie and cheese plate, mini pies, or tacos. If you decide to cater, you can still dress up the place settings with mini chalkboard name tags and utensils sealed with burlap and twine.
5. Party Favors | The possibilities are endless! If the event is rustic, keep the favors simple yet put together. Try out homemade jams, cookies, candles, or soaps. If you used the centerpiece ideas, send them home with guests! Put the gifts in wooden baskets, personalized burlap sacks, or mini cardboard box and voila!